Call us! (618) 395-3945

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

D. Lawless Friends Projects: Painted Pretties Edition!

The freeze appears over and the days are getting longer and I'm feeling good! Today I have five more things to feel good about from our customers and group members. Today's post features five painted furniture projects from five talented people and I'll just jump right into them!

To kick of the post I have this lovely blue hutch from Autumn at Maxwell Refinishing using oil rubbed bronze matching knobs and cup pulls.  Great staging a perfect hardware match! Working out of Nolanville they do amazing work and are available for commissioning your next project!

painted blue hutch

This closeup shows off the cup pull and also the wonderful distressed paint job!

oil rubbed bronze cup pulls

Next up is a  nice dresser makeover from Allison at Allee Cat Designs who added some of our depression glass pulls to top off what is a beautiful white paint job. I also love the stained wood top, really looks great!

white painted dresser

Great contrast between the top and the white painted dresser!

white painted and wood stained dressser

It's always exciting to see so many people use our depression glass collection and I'm happy that Merry from The Painted Gecko sent in a project using our pink glass depression knobs and also a second one using some oil rubbed bronze handles. This vanity looks lovely and from the image in their mirror the whole bedroom looks like its beautiful too!

painted vanity with pink knobs

painted little accent table

Belinda, of Flippin Furniture Design, who lives just across the river from me here sent in this lovely three piece set topped off with some Amerock Hardware of which we always have good prices on as every piece we get of it comes from closeouts. :)



No automatic alt text available.

Kim from Sparrow Furniture Restoration & Art used an entire set of our restoration hardware on this blue painted secretary. I'll be adding some of these shots to our Instagram feed soon as I have a little series I've done in the past with #brassandblue as it is one of my all time favorite looks and I think it's really catching on, especially since brass has been trending up again after decades of being "out of style."

blue painted secretary desk

painted blue secretary desk

And I'll end on one that's not painted but that I really wanted to include from Amy at Overalls, Overhauls, Inc. using four of our antique brass ball casters. I really love this project. Adding casters to is a great way to update and upgrade a lot of pieces but many people don't think to do so or think it's too complicated. It's not as hard as people imagine and look at the wonderful results!



Thank you to all our contributors!!! Please join our mailing list for great deals and more beautiful work like this!

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

No comments: