Call us! (618) 395-3945

Monday, November 20, 2017

Friends Befores & Afters Part III

Good morning! This is part three of our series of before and after furniture projects from the D. Lawless Hardware Friends group. I've got five more people to feature with their work. First though I want to remind everyone that will will be closed Thursday - Sunday for the holiday. But, we will return CYBER MONDAY WITH FREE SHIPPING ON EVERY ORDER! Sorry, but I have to exclude the HI, AK, and Canadian customers unless I figure something out. That is just too big a money loser for us to ship that far.

Here's how that goes: "Free shipping for everyone!" Canadian customer "I'll take 20 of your bulkiest item and I live by the North Pole!"  Haha, sorry guys!


First up is a lovely project from Renee using our restoration hardware collection. Renee cheats and switches out the furniture. She expects me to believe this is the same dresser. I'll humor her! She runs the page The Painted Home.

dresser before

dresser after

Next up are a couple of nice projects from Melissa of Vintage Keiralie. Melissa used these bail pulls on both of these projects I believe. Or at least one anyways, I see so much hardware...Melissa is a recent acquaintance of mine and I couldn't be happier to be allowed to post some of her work!

vanity before

vanity after photo

Dresser before

black dresser after

And now introducing my number one contributor! Tommye run ReDesigned by Doherty and she REALLY redesigns stuff. Hard to believe she started with the same piece on some of these! The first project is the perfect example. I don't know how she thought to do this with an old (sewing?) table
 but it's so cool! When Tommye does a piece, it's not just painting it up, it's totally rethinking how the piece will be used and figuring out how to get the best out of it like the last one where she chopped it in half!

sewing table makeover

sewing table after

card catalog before

card catalog after


old desk before

desk turned into nightstands

Elizabeth Burns of Elizabeth Burns Designs has been a long time contributor to our website and I know for a fact that her beautiful photos have helped us sell a lot more of the pieces she uses. In particular these first brass drop pulls really got a boost from this gorgeous before and after!

Elizabeth Burns Design | Pink and Gold Dresser Before

Elizabeth Burns Design | Pink and Gold Dresser After

Before

After w/ Country Store Collection Cup Pulls

And finally, Jessica from Parish Line Pieces turned this old junker into a work of art using some of our unfinished wood pulls. This project is gorgeous and reminds me that we really need to start carrying some more of the unfinished wood pulls so that people have more options to perfectly customize and get the pulls that look perfect with the piece. This is great detail with the pulls and I'm adding them to the product page soon. I also like how she ditched the old doors and left it open for storage. Thanks for that Jessica!

dresser before

dresser after

That's it for Part III, don't forget to look at the rest of the series and also join our mailing list below for deals and more great customer projects!

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

1 comment:

ReneeSS said...

Thank you for including my little desk......which is the same desk in both photos. ;) As I browse through the other photos I am reminded of how much talent there is here and how proud I am to be part of this group of people.
Renee