Call us! (618) 395-3945

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Moss Avenue Antiques & Collectibles Festival

I had the pleasure of visiting the Moss Avenue Antique Sale & Festival in Peoria, IL this past weekend as it was just a few blocks from my house and it had all sorts of awesome "junk' and antique for sale. I always need something to write about and this seems right down our customer's alley so I figured I'd just post up all the photos I got from the event.

Moss Avenue is a beautiful historic street up on the first Peoria bluff. The houses are true old style beauties and all their enormous front yards were filled with booths from local antiquers and furniture dealers. Quite the event and definitely worth the trip again next summer! I'll give a brief explanation of some of the pictures, but most are self explanatory. I'm sorry to the businesses I don't mention but I was having a good time and didn't get a chance to match up the names with the booths...next year I'll be prepared!

Moss Avenue Antiques Festival - Peoria, IL

Moss Avenue Antique Festival - Peoria, IL

Beautiful historic houses up and down the street!

Moss Avenue Antiques Festival - Peoria, IL

Historic Moss Avenue Home - D. Lawless Hardware

Historic Peoria IL Home - Moss Avenue - D. Lawless Hardware

And now back to the antiques and collectibles! Again, I wish I could tag all these wonderful local businesses but I was derelict in my duty...

Antique Saddle - Moss Avenue - D. Lawless Hardware

Collectibles - Moss Avenue - D. Lawless Hardware

License Plates - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

You gotta dig for the good stuff!

Old Cigarettes - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

Searching - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

All sorts of American brand memorabilia from way back! I love these to rivaling benches made from old Chevy and Ford truck parts!

Chevy Bench - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

Ford Bench - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

There were lots of handmade jewelry vendors and people doing beautiful furniture makeovers. Lots of the business were even taking custom orders from customers throughout the day so it's a great event for finding local talent to redo your piece for you.

Stuff - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

Right in the middle there is this beautiful Frank Lloyd Wright house! You can really tell it's his architecture and I'm told there are actually three Wright house in Peoria.

Frank Lloyd Wright - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

Furniture - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

Furniture Makeovers - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

Trinkets, jewelry, and "junk!"

This and That - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

Jewelry - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

War History - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

Old War Memorabilia - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

The whole street is absolutely beautiful on both sides as you can from the next few shots. They even had live music on a couple of the porches up and down the block.

Live Music - Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

Moss Avenue - Peoria IL - Lawless Hardware

Overall it was a great time and I'm looking forward to attending next year and documenting the small businesses better. I did have the opportunity to meet several which I hope to be working with in the near future. See you there next year if you are in the area, it's worth the drive and remember that the early bird gets the worm! We got a couple nice pieces, one from Modern Mutations, but a lot of dealers were closing up as we didn't get there til too late!

No comments: