Call us! (618) 395-3945

Thursday, April 28, 2016

DIY Pneumatic Tube System


Two of the D's in D. Lawless, Dane and Dave, teamed up to create this pneumatic tube system for our hardware department. The ladies needed to be able to send papers back and forth without all the hassle of going up and down the stairs to our pick room. My Dad and I decided we could save them the trouble with a pneumatic tube like you would see at your local bank. Below is the result from start to finish of our DIY pneumatic tube system journey.

                           

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so old I can remember these in the department store in my hometown...only the cashiers upstairs took money and made change...all sales' slips and cash went into the magic tubes and we could watch them as they shot up to the cashiers on the mezzanine floor. Then your copy of slip and change would shoot back down.... it doesn't take much to make me happy.